For those who are interested in following the changes in Pastoral Appointments.
Here’s the direct link: http://www.umcswtx.org/2009-confirmed-appointments.html
I also encourage you to pray for Bishop Jim Dorff and his Cabinet of District Superintendents as they seek God’s will in making appointments.
- Bill Johnson currently serving Bastrop will be moving to St. Paul in Kerrville.
- Andy Smith currently serving Lake Travis will be moving to FUMC Bastrop.
- Ray Kiser currently serving FUMC McAllen will be moving to Lake Traivs.
- Ricky Sanderford currently serving Sierra Vista in San Angelo will be moving to FUMC McAllen
- David Gilliam currently serving St. John in Austin as the associate, will become the senior pastor.
- John Hargis currently serving Leander will be moving to Oxford in San Antonio.
- Tim Abel currently serving Industry will be moving to Leander.
- Kim Burke currently serving in Buda will be moving to FUMC Boerne
- Eric Vogt currently serving another denomination will be starting a new church plant in the Austin District
- Steven Sweet currently serving Manchaca will be moving to Sierra Vista in San Angelo
- Nancy Day currently serving Luling will be moving to St. Luke in San Angelo
- Laura Adam currently serving FUMC Brownsville will be moving to Manchaca
- Pamela Kilpatrick currently serving FUMC Gonzales will be moving to FUMC Brownsville
- Andy Smith currently serving Castroville will be moving to FUMC Gonzales
- Carlos Cloyd curently serving Parker Lane in Austin will be moving to Goldthwaite
- Judith Sellers currently serving Schertz will be moving to FUMC Luling
- Linda Montgomery currently serving as Assoicate in Seguin is moving to FUMC Schertz
- Ron Welborn currently serving LaFeria will be moving to FUMC Seguin as Associate minister
- Harold Dailey currently serving in Kyle will be moving to LaFeria
- Liz Kevelius currently serving Carrizo Springs will be moving to Industry
- Wade Linstrom a seminary graduate will be moving to North Shore in Canyon Lake
- George Barcus currently serving in Freer & Bruni will be moving to Fannin & Telfner
- Jerrell Sharp currently serving Fredericksburg will be moving to FUMC Victoria
- Jason Fry currently serving FUMC Victoria will be moving to Fredericksburg
- Patrick Glazner-Cooney currently serving in Godthwaite will be moving to Castroville & Medina Valley
- Barbara Aziz is currently serving Bishop will be moving to Kyle
- James Sweet currently serving Decker will be moving to Buda to be the Associate minister
- Damon Relder currently serving Wesley in Corpus Christi will be moving to Coker in San Antonio to be the Assoicate minister
- John Valles currently a retired minister from the California Pacific conference will be moving to Wesley in Corpus Christi
- Paul Allen a new appointment will be moving to Freer & Bruni
- Anita Valles currently a retired minister from the California Pacific conference will be moving to Oak Park in Corpus Christi
- Tina Carter currently serving The Rock in Cedar Park will be moving to Parker Lane Austin
- Chreyl Broome currently serving Hyde Park in Austin will be moving to The Rock in Cedar Park
- Kathryn McNeely currently serving St. John in Austin will be moving to Hayde Park in Austin
- Sharon Stewart currently serving Coker in San Antonio as an associate pastor will be moving to Schertz as an associate pastor
- Alex Alvarez currently serving Rio Grande City will be moving to Carrizo Springs
- Stephen Echols a new appointment will be moving to Fentress
- Celia Kitchens a new appointment will be moving Lometa & Bend
- Claire Richardson currently serving McCamey & Iraan will be moving to Rockspring & Barksdale
Emily Smith a new appointment will be moving to Bee Creek to be the associate minister
This is not a complete list, not all of the appointments had been announced at the time the paper went to press.
The Dates for the upcoming Cabinet meetings are:
April 13th, 15th, 16th , 17th, 21st ; 22nd; May 11th, 12th